So, Wyatt... please clarify:
1. In the beginning, I listed your email address on your blog, and told a few people, that you could RECEIVE emails from them, but that you could not RESPOND to them via email, because of limited computer time, and because you are only supposed to reply via email for immediate family.
2. Travis Dixon's mom told me that she didn't give out his email address while he was on his mission, not because it wasn't allowed, but because she was jealous of his computer time and wanted it for herself, as it was intended.
3. When Elder Fuentes was here, he gave me his "card" and it had his myldsmail.net address on it, and he said I could reach him that way (which I did, when I needed him to take those shoes), so apparently HERE, it was ok for him to read my email even though we are not related.
4. You asked me to remove your email address from your blog, so I did, but I thought that you could still RECEIVE emails from others, even though I was no longer promoting that as a way to connect with you. Which is why I gave your email to Mary Smith when she asked me for it.
5. Walker mentioned that you asked him to re-send her email through him, because you couldn't even LOOK at it if it wasn't from immediate family.
6. Dr. Cope asked me for your email address, and when I told him he might want to forward it through me because of what you told Walker about Mary Smith, he said that didn't sound right at all. He said he has significant experience with having missionaries out in the field, and although you all have limited computer time, the recommendation is that you PRINT emails from non-immediate family and simply reply to them on paper later.
I have to say, what he says makes sense... and what you've been saying... does not, haha! Will you please check/ask/re-affirm with your mission president and/or seasoned missionaries in your area, and clarify this for all of us?
No. In my mission I have a rule where I cannot write nor open emails that are not from my immediate family... that's why I didn't read the email from Mary. That's just the rule. So, that's why I asked it to be sent through Walker. And that's why I asked you a while ago to take my email address off the website, because there is no reason to have it up there if only my family can email me.
There are a lot of missions that have that rule, and mine is because missionaries in the past had taken advantage of the privilege so President Detlefsen said no more emailing anybody else. And so the form of communication between friends is through snail mail and if they send emails to one of you, then you can forward it to me.
I never knew the real timeline because I never received a whole lot of snail mail letters, but I found out that it usually only takes about two weeks to receive letters here.
I'm sending more pictures, gotta go, I love you!
P.S. Unfortunately, I AM one of the seasoned missionaries here... haha...