1. Has the new Pope being from Argentina had any affect on your work there? (conversational question--I'm curious...)
Alright you have a point, I didn't communicate myself that well last week, I can't remember why but whatever....
Several people have asked me about the Pope, even in the middle of lessons as a question that is completely irrelevant to the point when we are teaching. To my work personally, I haven't seen a whole lot of changes... a couple of people have shouted out his name as if he was the new football coach when passing by in a car, or like one time when we passed by an auto shop and they yelled out his name. And like I said, a couple of people have asked us our opinion, we give them an answer, and then we immediately get back to the point, and they forget they even asked that question :)
2. [door-to-door tracting] It's just impossible without the Holy Ghost, isn't it? (rhetorical question--ok to ignore)
3. Speaking of Easter, I sent you some Easter stuff--too late to arrive before Easter, I know--but when it DOES arrive, I want a photo of you and your companion in the ears, ok? (question suggests a need for confirmation)
I didn't think it needed a confirmation because I took it into account that I would just automatically do it, "Make sure to put ears on, and take picture.."... AND the package hasn't gotten to me yet...
4. Longaniza sausage? (Also rhetorical. Move on)
5. I keep asking, and you haven't answered yet... do you have an official Release Date? I've been planning on the end of July sometime, is that right? (Third time I've asked, requires a response that includes specifics, if you want a ride from the airport)
Release date, I don't know the exact date, but I think it will be the 24th of July, when I will get into the airport in Salt Lake. I'll be honest, I think I'm being kind of a diva about talking about the release date because I don't want to think about it at all. In this case, I feel justified in blissfully ignoring the release date :) But yeah, I think it is the 24th, that Wednesday. I will embark on the journey that Tuesday morning the 23rd.
6. You sold your coat to another missionary? I don't understand why one of your companions would need a coat in Uruguay when your area is in Argentina?? (Actually, I sort of figured this out after I wrote and sent this question... your companion is not going to Uruguay while ON his mission, he wants the coat for when he RETURNS to Uruguay, where he is from, correct? Nevertheless, it would be nice if you would explain what was so different/special/better about this coat that he wanted/needed to buy it from you)...
It does get cold in Uruguay trust me.. apparently Santa Rosa was hotter than Rivera, a city on the border of Uruguay and Brazil... and Santa Rosa is a lot more south than Rivera. It was my special Krew jacket, and that particular jacket you can't find it in Uruguay ni Argentina, and if you could it would be extremely expensive. So I sold it to him for a good deal, and it was a lot cheaper than it would have ever been in my comps country.
7. But you still have a coat, and everything else you need for the length of your own stay, right? (Needs clarification of your current status, so that I don't worry)
And I'm fine... Elder Yarger gave me a wind breaker, Elder Garrison gave me his warm liner jacket that he got from Elder King... I still have the long outer shell of that one jacket that we bought from Mr. Mac (my own liner got mold on it so I just threw it away), and I even found an extra long sleeve sweater here in Viedma that is really warm, and I have my scarf, and I think some members in Santa Rosa gave me some gloves... yep, I still have them, and somewhere along the way, I found an extra beanie, if I ever needed it...... ( sorry run on sentence...)
8. You're not going to sell your plasma, too, right?? (Sarcastic. ok to ignore)
9. You said something about an extra 30 minutes in the Cyber... is that an extra 30 minutes that you now have EVERY P-Day because of the who-you-can-email change? (Legitimate question based on something you mentioned in a previous email. Also want to confirm that you will still have time to write to your mother, in spite of the additional emails you may now receive.)
Ok, now this... from your last letter... what does this mean? "Oh and by the time I get home make sure that the missionaries have my number... :)"
10. What missionaries?
11. Um, what number? You don't have a phone anymore.
12. For what purpose?
13. What, exactly, do you want me to do??
Make sure that the missionaries assigned to our Stake/area have my cell phone number so that I can accompany them when they need somebody in a lesson... but I'll just take care of that when I get home, don't worry about doing anything now...
I found a box in the garage that was full of old things needing to be scrapbooked, the letter from your principal at Newman Elementary, detailing the events that led to you punching Craig in the nose, on the bus. I still remember your dad incredulously shaking his head, and exclaiming, "But he's only in kindergarten!" :)
I want to see and have that letter from Newman Elementary....
This week was pretty rough, because my comp was sick for 4 days. Bahía was great in that leadership conference, and general conference was even better.. It was absolutely fantastic....
I'm really happy... I want to work... and I want to teach.. to baptize...
I love you.. :)